Wednesday, January 11, 2017

DRDT-2 and Spray Gun

I'm still in a holding pattern for the re-shipment of my empennage kit.  As my last post described, the shipping crate was pretty much destroyed and was refused.  In the mean time, I received my DRDT-2 from Experimental Aero (ordered through Cleaveland Aircraft Tool with my tool kit).  I assembled the  DRDT-2 and will start working on my two practice kits while I wait on the empennage.  I ordered one of the practice kits from Van's (RV Training Project 1) and the other was sent to me from Cleaveland (iPad/iPhone holder).
 

I also purchased a Vapor HVLP (1.4 mm nozzle) spray gun from Northern Tool.  It’s not the very best spray gun on the market, but will do a pretty good job with primer.  I plan on using the spray gun for the application of the Akzo Epoxy Primer.  I don’t like the big 20 1/4 ounce plastic cup that comes with the spray gun, so I use the DeVilbiss DPC503 disposable 3 ounce cups.  These things are great and come in a bag of 24 cups/lids.  They make clean up super easy.