Thursday, February 2, 2017

Empennage Inventory, (Part 1)

And I'm off and running!!!  I started the inventory process late yesterday evening, so this post will be dated today.  According to documentation provided by Van's, you only have five days to report any damage to the freight carrier.  Additionally, Van's gives you 30 days to complete the entire inventory and report any missing items.
 
This is my first homebuilt and I think Van's did an excellent job of organizing all the parts and pieces in the empennage kit.  The packing list is easy to understand and use to complete the inventory.  The overall empennage kit is divided into sub-kits.  The first is a hardware sub-kit that includes 30 separate bags of hardware.  I counted, sorted, and loaded all the hardware into these Akro-Mils storage bins.
 
The hardware sub-kit inventory is complete.  I was only missing four K1000-06 nutplates.  I think that's pretty impressive considering the thousands of pieces of hardware.  I'll move on to the rest of the kit tomorrow morning.  


Session Total:  4.5 / Total Inventory Hours:  4.5