Thursday, August 22, 2019

Fuselage, FWD Lower Structure (Part 10)

After letting the Proseal dry from yesterday’s session, it was time to install the F-01454 Muffler Shroud Ramp to the Shroud Sides.  This step will actually “connect” the Left and Right Forward Bottom Skins to each other.  The picture below shows the Shroud Ramp installed and riveted to Shroud Sides (minus six rivets).  

It initially appeared I could squeeze the 38 rivets required to install the Ramp.  However, due to the angle (and probably the head of the yoke on my squeezer) I wasn’t able to squeeze the AN470AD3-3 rivets.  As a result, I wasn’t able to get the rivet set directly over the manufactured head of the rivets.  So, I had to shoot them with my rivet gun and bucking bar.  There was a lot of room and access to the manufactured and shop heads, so it was pretty easy to do it myself.  However, there are six rivets that I would like to have help with.....so, I’ll wait for assistance.

Here is a view down the right Shroud Side to Shroud Ramp rivets.....

.....and down the left side.

Tomorrow, I will get help with the remaining six rivets and continue on to the next step.