Friday, August 23, 2019

Fuselage, FWD Lower Structure (Part 11)

Tonight’s session was kinda short, but I was able to complete the Proseal application in the muffler area.  To start, I cleaned the area with isopropyl alcohol and then marked off where the proseal would be applied with orange tape (this helps in the clean up of excess proseal).  I applied beads of proseal in the seam created by the Muffler Shroud Ramp and Muffler Shroud Sides and used a popsicle stick to smooth out the bead of proseal.

After allowing about an hour for the proseal to dry, I pulled the orange tape off.....here is the result.

An overall picture looking forward.....

.....one side.....

.....and the other.

Turned out pretty good and I’m happy with the results.  The orange tape helped with the clean up of the excess proseal and the popsicle stick made a smooth fillet on the parts.