Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Panel Design (Part 7)

Well, we have finished our panel design process with Aerotronics.  The whole process with them has been great!  From initially working with Andre for the panel design….to now working with Jason for the actual panel build.  Both of those guys have been awesome to work with.  When it’s time to build your panel, I would definitely recommend Aerotronics.  I’m kicking around the idea of build an RV-10 after the 14 is complete.  If I do, I will definitely use Aerotronics again for the panel.

So, here is the 7th and final iteration of our panel design…..

There were only a few changes from the previous #6 design.  We decided to swap the location of the HOBBS meter and Passenger Warning.  My wife is going to design a personalized Passenger Warning and this gives her more room to work with.  We are working on a design and I will post it on the blog when we get it finalized.  It won’t be to elaborate, but we just didn’t want the standard warning and something personalized.

We also decided to incorporate a switch for the “Wig Wag” function into a multi-positional switch for the “wig wag’s” and “landing light”.  I’m still planning on using the airspeed function on the GAD27 to control the wig wag’s via airspeed, but I still wanted a switch option for any reason I decided to operate the wig wag’s outside of the airspeed parameters.

Lastly, we are going to use the third GAD27 dimmer switch (far right) for the glareshield light.

That’s it.  The panel design is complete to our liking and Aerotronics has begun the building it…….

I will update this section as I get pictures/progress updates from Aerotronics.