Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Flap Position Sensor (Part 1)


The ES MSTS POS-12 Flap Position Sensor from The Ray Allen Company is the position sensor used for flap position input to EFIS displays on the RV-14.

After doing some research and looking at the plans for this section, I decided I wasn’t the biggest fan of this system.  The installation seemed easy enough and works for many other builders, but I wanted to research other options for the flap motor/position sensor setup.

During my search, and with a recommendation from Aerotronics, I was turned onto the RV Max Flap Actuator from PH Aviation Services, Inc.  

This is ultimately the setup I decided to go with, so I won’t be completing this section of the plans.

Please see the RV Max Flap Actuator installation under the Modifications & Upgrades section on the right.