Saturday, February 17, 2018

Wings, Top Wing Skins (Part 1)




After completing Section 15, guess what?  I moved on to Section 16!  Section 16 is the preparation and attachment of the Top Wing Skins.  As I’ve done up to this point (and will continue to do until the Wings are completed), I will complete Section 16 for the Left Wing and then do the same for the Right Wing.  Below are the first three pieces that are prepared in this section.  The W-00002 Top Inboard Wing Skin, W-1027A Wing Walk Doubler-FWD, and W-1027B Wing Walk Doubler-AFT.  

The first step in this section is to cleco the Top Skin and two Wing Walk Doublers to the Main Spar, Rear Spar, and Wing Ribs.  It took a few minutes to get the Wing Walk Doublers lined up under the Top Inboard Skin because you can’t really see the holes.  However, I eventually figured it out and got the pieces clecoed as instructed.  

I will pick it up here tomorrow......