Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Wings, Top Wing Skins (Part 6)

I completed the Top Inboard Wing Skin and the two Wing Walk Doublers during the last session.  During this session, I completed the work on the Top Outboard Wing Skin.  All of the edges were cleaned and the holes were deburred and dimpled.  Then, I clecoed the Outboard Wing Skin to the Left Wing.

Here is the Top Outboard and Inboard Wing Skins clecoed into place on the Left Wing.

As I suspected, the “slight” bend in the Left Main Spar has been removed after the Skins were clecoed into place.

This is just another view of both Wing Skins clecoed to the Left Wing.  The orange tape covers the holes associated with the Wing Tip attach and are not dimpled.....at least in this section.  I put the tape on the holes to prevent me from accidentally dimpling them.

During the next session, I will treat the Skins with Alumiprep and Alodine.  Once the Skins have completely dried, I’ll prime them with Akzo.