Monday, December 3, 2018

Wings, Fuel Tanks (Part 32)


After completing the rivet installation in the last session, today I started the initial fit of the Left Fuel Tank to the Left Wing.  I didn’t make any huge strides today, but did get the visual of how the Fuel Tank attaches and what need to be done prior to installing the tank.  Specifically, some areas that will need to be modified (sanded) prior to final installation. 

The three pictures below show the Fuel Tank temporarily attached to the Left Wing.  Like I said, this is temporary and provides me with the visual I need for the final installation.

Outboard section of the Fuel Tank that joins the Outboard Leading Edge.....

.....aft section of the Fuel Tank that joins the Left Wing Main Spar....

.....and finally just an overview of the Fuel Tank attached to the Left Wing.