Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Wings, Aileron Actuation (Part 3)

So, I’m currently in a position on Section 26 (MID Fuse Lower Structure) and Section 27 (Firewall) that I will need a rivet helper to finish up the sections.  So, I audibled back to Section 23 (Aileron Actuation) to finish some unfinished work.  Previously, I had to order four AN490-HT8P Threaded Rod Ends from Van’s, because I didn’t notice during inventory, that I had four of the wrong size (bigger).  So, I had to pretty much stop work on this section until the parts were delivered.  By the time they were delivered, I was already working on another section.....Section 23 had to wait.....until now!

Anywho, today’s session was spend working on the two Bellcrank to Aileron Pushrods.  In the picture below, all the white pieces made up one ST4130-035 x 1/2 rod measuring 48 inches.  From that rod, two CS-00013 Bellcrank to Pushrods had to be fabricated.  Each Pushrod had to be cut to a length of 21 3/8” long.  Initially, I cut the rod into two pieces 24” long (using the Milwaukee Rotary Tool with a cutting wheel).  From there, I trimmed those two pieces to roughly 21 1/2 inches (again, using the Rotary Tool).  Lastly, I used a hand file and the ATS air sander to get the final length correct.  Turned out pretty well.

I’ll continue the working on the Pushrods tomorrow.