Sunday, August 6, 2017

Empennage, Aft Fuselage (Part 28)

In Part 26, I postponed setting some rivets to wait for some help.  Specifically, the row of rivets on the F-01429-L & -R Bellcrank Ribs to the Bottom Skin.  I decided to try and set them myself and it worked out pretty well.  I set the assembly between my two work benches, used a bucking bar on the shop head, and flush rivet set on the manufactured head.  It looked something like this....


This picture shows the area on the -R that needs the AN426AD3-3.5 rivets.  

Here is the same areas after I set the rivets.

This is the -L side that needs rivets in the same location.

Here is the completed -L side.

Next, I installed 14 Snap Busings into the F-01406B Bulkhead, F-01429 Bellcrank Ribs, F-01407 Bulkhead, F-01408 Bulkhead, and the F-14115 Rudder Cable Bracket.  They are the black bushings in the picture below.  

I also completed the Alumiprep, Alodine, and Akzo Primer on the F-01474-L & -R Top Side Skins.  Here is the completed Left Top Skin.