Friday, November 10, 2017

Wings, Main Spar (Part 9)

LONG, LONG day of finishing up all the countersinking on the Left and Right Main Spar.  Anyway, we are finally done....thank God.  I am so sick of countersinking.  I’m sure there will be many, many more opportunities to countersink in the future, but I’m good with it for now.

After finishing the countersinking for the Fuel Tank Attach screw holes, the last “group” of holes to be countersunk were for the Wing Access Plates (12 nutplates in each Wing).  As indicated in the excerpt below, the maximum outside diameter is .308 (7.8 mm) and maximum inside diameter is .158 (4.0 mm).  We countersunk the holes to an outside diameter of .290.  


Finally, both Spars are done.  The next time I mix up some Akzo primer, I’ll spray the holes that were countersunk on the Spars.  Until then, I put them back in the crate they came in from Van’s.





Section Complete