Monday, December 18, 2017

Wings, Rear Spar (Part 1)



The plans recommend that prior to assembling the Aileron Hinge Brackets, to refer to pages 15-01 and 16-01 to become familiar with the Brackets’ orientation as installed on the aircraft.  Page 15-01 is shown above and page 16-01 is shown below.  The two Aileron Hinge Brackets are circled in both pictures. 

These are several Brackets that came in the kit.  At this point, I am only using the two on the top left.  The blue protective plastic has been removed and I used a blue sharpie to write on the part number. 

These are the parts from the Service Bulletin (SB-16-03-28).  I need to do some research to verify what needs to be done here, but I suspect the parts from the Service Bulletin will be used during this section of the build.  The parts were accompanied by the documentation and assembly instructions.  I’ll have to read the information contained in the packet and see where to go from here. 

Since I am ending tonight’s session to research the Service Bulletin, I decided to cleco the Rear Spar onto the Wing to see how it fit.  It looks pretty straight forward and fits as expected.....as usual, all the holes line up.  There are several Rear Spar Doublers that need to be prepared using the Rear Spar, so it will have to come off during the next session.  Like I said, I just wanted to see how it fit.