Saturday, September 29, 2018

Wings, Fuel Tanks (Part 29)

I’ve waited a few days for the Proseal to completely dry on the Right Fuel Tank from the last session.  Now that it has dried, I will leak checked the Ribs portion of the tank with some Avgas.  In the picture below, I have added fuel to just below the last rivet on the aft side of the Tank Ribs (just below the Vent Line on the right side).  Now, I will wait a few days to make sure there are no leaks.


While the Right Tank is sitting, I moved back to the Left Fuel Tank.  The rear Tank Baffle and Zee Brackets were riveted into place during a previous session.  I want to put Proseal on the outside of the rear Tank Baffle and Zee Brackets.  Initially, I brushed adhesion promoter on the dried Proseal from the initial install of the Baffle and Zee Brackets.  After waiting the required 30 minutes, I mixed up some Proseal and brushed it along all the seams and rivet lines.  The Proseal I added is shown below in black.  Now, I’ll wait a few days for the Proseal to dry.