Sunday, February 19, 2023

Exhaust System (Part 4)

The following work was completed on Saturday, February 4, 2023.

Now that the exhaust has been installed, I started installing the Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) and Cylinder Heat Temperature (CHT) probes.  In the “Avionics and Panel” section of the blog, I talked about my decision to use Garmin Avionics and to have our panel built by Aerotronics.  When Aerotronics shipped me the panel, the EGT and CHT probes were supplied with the panel.  The probes they supplied were from the Thermocouple and Probe company Alcor.  This link specifically discusses the EGT probes and this link discusses the CHT probes.

I followed the instructions provided with the probes (same as directed to in the links) and installed the EGT and CHT probes.  In the two pictures below, I circled the four EGT probes and used arrows to point to three of the four CHT probes.



During the next work session on the Exhaust System, I will connect the EGT and CHT probe leads to their correct instruction leads from the Garmin GEA24 (Engine Indication System).  This step will also require wire runs to be figured out, connections covered with heat shrink and wire runs secured properly with adel clamps where necessary.  Still a fair amount of work to compete the probes install.