Monday, January 22, 2024

Panel Build (Part 1)

Now that the panel design has been finished/approved in Part #7, its build was assigned to Jason Springstead at Aerotronics.

First of all, I must lead this post by saying Jason was awesome to work with during the process.  To say that his customer service was good is an understatement!  He responded to all my questions (which he has probably heard the same questions a million times), on the phone and via email, within a day (usually within hours).  He was always honest with the answers to my questions and gave great advice on things that worked well together and things that did not (in terms of avionics).  During the build, if he had a question for me regarding the panel, he contacted me to see what I wanted…..instead of just guessing.  

I also asked him to occasionally send me some pictures of the panel build to post in this blog (finally getting around to doing that).  Jason sent me all of the panel pictures that you will see in the next several posts that will be published.

*****These pictures are from January 12, 2022*****

Jason said he tries to get as many items on the mounting tray as he can (second picture below)…..which leaves less items for me to have to mount somewhere off panel.  This is the front view of the panel with most of the items mounted in the panel templete:

G3X Touch 10.6” GDU 460 Display Unit
G5 EFIS
GMC 507 A/P Control Panel
GTN 750Xi GPS/Nav/Com/Map (I will have to install it when the panel is delivered)

This is the backside of the panel showing the “mounting tray” he uses for a majority of the equipment.  In this picture, you can see the:

GAD 27 Integrated Controller
GMA 245R Remote Audio Panel
GSU 25C ADAHRS
GAD 29 ARINC 429 Interface
Aithre Shield 3.0 CO Detector

Lastly, shown below are the items I will have mount off panel somewhere when I receive the finished product:

GEA 24 EIS Interface Module
GTR 20 Remote Comm
GTX 45 Remote Transponder ADS-B In & Out
TCW Intergrated Back-up Battery System 6 amp-hour

More to follow…..