Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Empennage, Vertical Stabilizer (Part 12)

My buddy Jeff had some time to help me rivet the Vertical Stabilizer together.  So, tonight I shifted back to the Vertical Stabilizer.  Following the plans, we started riveting the Skin at the intersection of the VS-702 Front Spar and the VS-707 Rib with a AN426AD3-4 rivet.  We then riveted toward the Tip and then toward the Root using AN426AD3-3.5 rivets.  The Skin was then riveted to the VS-704 Root Rib, VS-705 Nose Rib, and the VS-706 Tip Rib also using AN426AD3-3.5 rivets. 
 

Vertical Stabilizer being riveted together.


Moving along with the plans, next was to cleco the Rear Spar Assembly to the Vertical Stabilizer.  Once that was completed, I closed up shop and went home.  I will rivet on the Rear Spar and finish the Vertical Stabilizer tomorrow.
 
Clecoing the Rear Spar to the Vertical Stabilizer assembly.