Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Empennage, Aft Fuselage (Part 41)

I riveted the bottom few rivets on the Side Skins and the Aft Fuselage Bottom Skin.  Pictured below is the right side of the Fuselage.  The Right Rudder Stop has also been installed into place using four AN426AD4-6 flush rivets.  All of these rivets were pains in the a**.  The area is very small to work in and hard to get a bucking bar behind the rivets.  My buddy Jeff had to help me out as these rivets were definitely a two dude job. 

The two rivets circled below are the shop heads of the rivets attaching the Rudder Stop.  The other two rivets are on the other side of the Bulkhead. 

I installed many more AN426AD3-3.5 on the Right Side Skin.  The horizontal row of rivets in the center of the picture are attached to the F-01486A-R Stiffener.  I used a rivet gun and bucking bar to set all of these rivets. 

The upper horizontal row of rivets are attached to the F-01418B-R Longeron.  I used my pneumatic squeezer with the 2” longeron yoke to set these rivets.