Thursday, September 28, 2017

Empennage, Aft Fuselage (Part 42)

The work completed in the picture below was actually accomplished yesterday (9/27/17).  I didn’t enter the blog post prior to midnight, so it was posted on the following day.  Anyway, no big deal.  I completed the rivets in the Left and Right between the F-01408 and F-01407 Bulkheads (circled in black). I only took a picture of the Left Side Skin, but the Right Side Skin looks the same. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The work completed below was completed today (9/28/17).  I continued making progress riveting the Side Skins.  I installed the rivets between the F-01407 Bulkhead and the forward end of the Side Skin.  Circled below is the location the rivets were installed and shows the Right Side Skin.  The Left Side Skin looks the same. 

Here is the Right Side Skin showing a majority of the rivets attaching the Side Skin to the F-01486A-R Stiffener (horizontal row of rivets).

I moved on to installing the rivets in the Right Side Skin and the F-01411 Bulkhead (vertical circle).  Lastly, the rivets attaching the Right Side Skin, F-01486B-L Stiffener, and F-01479 Aft Bottom Skin we’re installed.  The plans called for the use of AN-426AD3-4 rivets, but I found them to be a little too short.  So, I installed 3-4.5 rivets and I liked the results.  I will also use 3-4.5 rivets for the remaining location that attach the Aft Bottom Skin.



I included the session hours for both session in the totals below: