Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Fuselage, FWD/MID Bulkheads (Part 1)


*****Work during this session was completed on Thursday, March 21, 2019*****

I still have some work to complete on the Left and Right Ailerons, but decided to make a change of pace and start on Section 25-FWD MID FUSE Bulkheads.  I’ll go back to the Ailerons after this section, but needed a break from them!  Anyone who has ever built an RV, will know what I’m talking about.

Anyway, this section starts with separating the F-01405B Bulkhead Bars.   Here is what they plans excerpt look like.....

.....and there is what the final product looks like.  I used my Milwaukee Rotary Tool to separate the four Bulkhead Bars.  Next, I used the 6” Scotchbrite Wheel to remove the excess material and make the edges as smooth as possible.  Lastly, I used 220 grit sand paper to complete edge work.

Moving on.....the next step was to dimple the #30 and #40 holes in the F-01405D-L & -R Bulkhead Side Channel flanges (with a few exceptions).  Pictured below are the two pieces with the appropriate holes dimpled.  Kind of hard to see the dimples in this picture, but they are there.  I also completed the edge work after all the holes were dimpled.

Lastly, for today’s session, the #40 holes were dimpled in the bottom flange of the F-01405A Bulkhead Bottom Channel.  Here is the Bottom Channel after all the holes were dimpled.  I also completed all the edge work after the holes were dimpled.

That’s it for the first session on the 3rd Kit (Fuselage).   I’ll pick it up from here tomorrow.