Thursday, June 15, 2017

Empennage, Elevator (Part 22)

I had previously complete the step shown below in the plans excerpt.  However, I was not very pleased with the results.  So, I ordered two new Trailing Edge Wedges from Van's and produced a MUCH better result on the second attempt.  The second picture below (kind of hard to see) has the excess material removed as indicated by the plans.  The third shows the Trailed Edge Wedge installed between the Skins being held on with clecos. 
 
 

 



The same process used to install the Foam Ribs in the Trim Tab were also used to install the Foam Ribs in the left side of the Elevator.  The board and bucking bars are weighing down the Skins to ensure a good bond between the Ribs and the Skins.  I used tank sealant as described in the plans. 
 

I also temporarily attached the Trim Tab to the rear of the Left Elevator.