Thursday, April 2, 2020

Fuselage, Upper FWD Fuselage (Part 13)

Today’s session focused on countersinking the holes in the left and right Upper Longeron Assemblies to accept the dimpled #40 holes in the Forward and Aft Canopy Decks.  The Longeron was wide enough that I could use my threaded micro stop countersink to prepare the holes.  As a result, the process was pretty easy.  The hardest part was gauging the appropriate depth to set the cage.....cut, check the depth, cut, check the depth, etc....Once I figured out the depth I thought was appropriate, it went pretty fast.  The first hole on the Longeron (near the Firewall) does not get countersunk and the last hole (near the Gussett) had to be countersunk with my hand countersink cutter.  The Gussett was to close to the hole for the cage to sit flush on the Longeron.

Here is the completed right Upper Longeron Assembly.....

.....and the completed left Upper Longeron Assembly.