Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Fuselage, Upper FWD Fuselage (Part 18)

In Part 17, I clecoed the F-01494C Wiring Channel and F-01494D Cable Support Bracket to the bottom of the F-01494-R & -L Instrument Panel Stand-Offs.  Today, I riveted them into place using AN470AD3-3.5 (plans called for 3-3, but they measured a little to short).  Once the parts were riveted, I sprayed the manufactured heads of the rivets with the SEM medium gray paint.  This is the right side.....

.....and the left side.  All 10 rivets were easily installed with a hand squeezer.

In order to paint the F-01405F Mid Fuselage Brace, I previously removed the four black F-14144 Seatback Guides.  Now that the Brace has been painted, I re-installed the four Guides as shown below.

Lastly, I installed the Instrument Panel Frame Assembly to the airplane as shown here in the planes excerpt.

This install also included 12 K1000-06 nutplates on the Frame using 24 AN426AD3-4.5 and four AN426AD3-5 rivets on the Frame to F-01476 Instrument Panel Attach Plates.  Here is the completed install of the Panel Frame.  I will eventually paint the forward and rear sides with the gray paint to cover the rivets and nutplates.

*****Since completing the work contained within this post, I have removed the stock Cable Support Bracket*****   and installed a new custom bracket.  For details, please see:

Modifications and Upgrades, Cable Support Bracket