Thursday, April 16, 2020

Fuselage, Upper FWD Fuselage (Part 20)

In Part 19, I mentioned the AN43B-16A Release Pins would be modified.  The picture below shows the release pins after they were modified according to the plans.  First, I used my cut off wheel to remove all up three threads.  Then, I used a belt sander to taper the ends as shown below.  Lastly, I used a Scotchbrite wheel to polish the ends as directed by the plans.  I will prime the Release Pins in a later session.

These are the F-01471A Skin Doublers.

The four holes on each Doubler were countersunk for the head of an AN426AD2-2 rivet (these dudes are tiny)!  Then, I separated the Doublers and cleaned the edges.  They are ready to be treated with Alumiprep, Alodine and Akzo Primer.

To go along with the Skin Doublers, the F-01471 Forward Top Skin was also countersunk for the same tiny AN426AD2-2 rivets.  Here is one side of the Skin after being countersunk.  The opposite side was completed the same way.  

The are the F-14134A-L & -R Cowling Hinge Shims.

The were separated, holes deburred, and edges cleaned.  They are also ready to be treated with Alumiprep, Alodine and Akzo Primer.