Sunday, March 11, 2018

Wings, Top Wing Skins (Part 8)

This session was actually completed yesterday.  However, I’m just getting around to updating the blog.

I was finally able to get the appropriate conditions to Akzo prime the Skins.  In the first picture below, you can see the “inside” side of the Inboard Wing Skin after priming.  The second picture shows the “outside” side of the Top Inboard Wing Skin.  Like I’ve mentioned in previous priming posts, I also like to prime the “seams” on the outside side of the Skin where the rivets will be inserted/installed.  Makes me feel a little better for corrosion resistance.  I’ve had several guys, a lot smarter than me, suggest that I do this.  So, I followed their suggestion.  I’ve used this process during the entire build up to this point. 


Below is the “inside” side of the Top Outboard Wing Skin after priming.  The second picture shows the “outside” side of the Top Outboard Wing Skin.


Lastly, below are the two Wing Walk Doublers.....FWD and AFT.  Since these will be installed between the Wing Rib Flanges and the Top Inboard Wing Skin, both sides of the Doublers were completely primed.