Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Panel Build (Part 10)

My panel is 99.9%!  The analog HOBBS meter on the right side of the panel is the last item Jason needs to mount (that I know of).  The G3X has a HOBBS meter function, but I decided I wanted an analog one mounted on the panel.  I would say you could call me old school, but that is the only thing on the panel that could be considered old school….so, that won’t work!  Additionally, the two open holes on either side of the dimmer switches will be for the seat heater (pilot and copilot) switches.  I will install those in the future when I install the seats and interior.  

I think the panel looks AMAZING!  With the unbelievable capabilities of ForeFlight, I will use my IPad to complete the panel.  ForeFlight and the GTN 750Xi will be able to communicate with each other for traffic, weather, flight plans, etc. This will be an awesome combination of capabilities.



Here is a picture behind what will be the sub panel…..

…..and behind the G3X PFD.

This picture shows the remote mounted transponder and comm radio and their associated plugs.  Jason just set them here for the picture (and to make everything work), as this is not where they will be mounted in the plane.  I have fabricated a bracket system to mount them behind the sub panel on the right side utilizing the “glove box” cutout in the sub panel.  I’ll do a section showing how I fabricated and mounted that bracket and avionics.

*****The pictures above are from Jason at Aerotronics on May 6, 2022*****