Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Panel Build (Part 9)

The panel for the RV-14, as designed by Van’s, calls for a modular panel (pilot side, center stack, copilot side).  I took this picture from inside N144VA, Van’s RV-14 demonstrator, when I got a ride following the factory tour in August 2019 (linked at the top right of the blog).  You can easily see the “separation” of each modular section.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with this setup and lots of people use this……not just in RV’s.

However, I wanted a “single panel” design without the “modular lines”.  I feel like it’s a cleaner and more finished look…..just my preference.  So, after a fair amount of back and forth with Aerotronics on what I wanted exactly, here is the end result and the finished panel the designed for me.  All of the panel labeling is etched and paint filled.  The tail number will be added later with some sort of white color matched sticker.  I’m going to see if my wife can come up with something better.  For the panel color:  Andre from Aerotronics contacted Classic Aero Design and got the paint codes that will match this color in our interior.  (The interior from Classic Aero Design will be captured in a separate section of the blog).


*****The picture above is from Jason at Aerotronics on April 27, 2022*****