Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Empennage, Horizontal Stabilizer (Part 3)

Another one of those....lots of work days, with not much visual progress.  I started by trimming excess material from the HS-00913 Front Spar Caps (x2) and HS-00914 Stringers (x2).  My buddy Jeff help me out and used his die grinder to cut off the largest part of the excess material.  Below is the excess material removed from one of the Spar Caps.....
 

.....and one of the Stringers.  
 

And here is a finished Front Spar Cap and Stringer after cleanup work on the bench grinder.
 

Lastly, I deburred the edges of the HS-00902-1 Front Spar.  I used my 2" Scotchbrite Wheel in the die grinder to debur all the Spar edges and the 1" Scotchbrite Wheel to debur the Spar's lightening holes.  No video for this session.  I mistakenly turned on the regular video recording function instead of Time Lapse.....MY BAD!