Friday, February 15, 2019

Wings, Ailerons (Part 4)

After prepping many parts yesterday, I started today’s session by treating them all with Alumiprep and Alodine.  All of these parts are shown hanging up to dry in the picture below. I plan on Akzo Priming all of these parts during tomorrow’s session.

The next few steps in the plans have you rivet several of the pieces together that were just treated above.  I also want to Akzo prime them before assembly.  So, I moved on to a few steps further in the plans.  I went several steps ahead to work on and separate the A-710 Stiffeners.  Here is how they come from Van’s.....

.....and after I separated them.  After separated, the holes in the Flanges were final-drilled to #40.  There are 32 of these Stiffeners to prepare, so I imagine the work on these will be covered over the course of several work session.  I will continue working on them during the next session.

The next step is to separate The A-1008-1 Doubler.  Here is the Doubler separated into two pieces or two Doublers.

The last step in preparation of the Doublers was to countersink the two inside holes for the head of a AN426AD3 rivet.  Here is the finished product.  These two Doubler were also treated with Alumiprep and Alodine during this session are are hanging up to dry in the first picture.