Saturday, June 29, 2019

Fuselage, Firewall (Part 6)

I continued working on the Firewall during this session.  Shown below is the F-01401D Firewall Angle (top) and the F-01401A Firewall Top (bottom).  All the #30 holes (except six) and the #40 holes in the Firewall Angle were countersunk to accept a dimpled skin.  If you zoom into the picture, you can see all the holes that were countersunk.  The Firewall Top had all the #30 (except six) and #40 holes in the web dimpled.  I was able to dimple part of the holes with my pneumatic squeezer and part with the DRDT-2.

Here is the F-14132 Tunnel Angle (top) and the F-01401C Firewall Center.  I cleaned the edges and deburred the holes in the Firewall Angle.....then, set it aside for a few pages later in the plans.  The Firewall Center had the #30 and #40 holes dimpled.  (I just realized I missed the two #30 holes on the left side - I’ll get ‘em).

All of the following parts were treated with Alumiprep and Alodine during my last work session.  Today, I primed them with Akzo.  These are the F-01401H-L & -R Firewall Angles.....

.....the F-01401F-L & -R Firewall Angles.....

.....the F-01401G-L & -R Firewall Angles.....

.....and the F-01401K Gussets.

During today’s session, I cleaned the edges, deburred the holes, countersunk the appropriate holes, and treated with Alumiprep and Alodine the following parts/pieces.  Here is the FF-01402 Relay Doubler (top) and the F-10401L Firewall Gussets (bottom).....

.....F-01401D Firewall Angle.....

.....and the F-10401J Firewall Angle.

Tomorrow, I will start from here and start riveting the Firewall Assembly together.