Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Wings, Ailerons (Part 27)

Today I finished up the left and right Ailerons.  The last step to complete both of them was to install/rivet the V-Channel to the trailing edges.  To start, I cleaned the V-Channel and the inside trailing edges of the Skins with alcohol.  Next, I applied the 3M adhesive tape to both side of the V-Channel, installed it between the Skins, slowly pulled the backing from the double sided adhesive, and installed clecos to hold the Skins and V-Channel in place.

I started riveting from the center of the Skins and worked outward toward the ends.  I also used my two steal plates to complete the riveting the same way I use them to complete the Flaps.  

Here are the first eight rivets after being set.....

.....and a little closer. 

Here are the two completed Ailerons (left one in the cradle and the right one on the table).

Section Complete