Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Finishing, Miscellanea (Part 2)

In order to keep forward momentum while waiting for the Finishing Kit, I ordered the F-00018-L & -R Steps from Van’s.  I originally thought I would not need the Steps because I’m building a taildragger.  However, I saw an RV-14 at Sun-N-Fun in 2019 and realized the steps were definitely necessary.

Additionally, when we visited the Van’s factory in September 2019, it was evident the step was needed when I got my RV-14 ride.

Initially, I was going to wait a little to complete the steps because I’m not 100% sure they won’t be in the way during the Wing installation.  However, Mother Nature forced my hand.  After a month or so, I noticed a tiny little bit of corrosion starting to form on the Steps.  I removed the corrosion and primed the steps.  Take that corrosion!  Here are a couple pictures of the primed Steps.




Now that the Steps are primed, I can’t just let them sit around and wait.  So, I decided to install them on the airplane.  Here’s the Step for the right side.....



.....and the left side.



Done.  The Steps are happily installed on the airplane and ready for work.