Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Empennage, Aft Fuselage (Part 22)

In Part 21, I completed the F-01473-L Side Skin.  Tonight, I completed the F-01473-R Side Skin.  I dimpled all the #40 and #30 (except as noted in the plans) and completed all the edge work.  The -R Side Skin is now ready for Alumiprep, Alodine, and Akzo Primer.  I don't have any pictures, but it looks just like he -L Side Skin from Part 21.

Next, I completed work on the F-01475 Top Skin.  The work was pretty straight forward and fairly easily.  I started by completing the edge work and making lap joints on the four edges.  Then, all the #30 and #40 holes were dimpled.  I was able to dimple most of the holes with the pneumatic and hand squeezer, but I needed to use the DRDT-2 for the row of holes in the center.  The Top Skin is now ready for Alumiprep, Alodine, and Akzo primer.