Monday, July 10, 2017

Empennage, Aft Fuselage (Part 9)

Today's session is another one of those....lots of work accomplished, but nothing to really show for it.  I spent a vast majority of the session doing edge work on the numerous parts and preparing them for Alumiprep, Alodine, and Akzo Primer.  I've tried several different methods to accomplish the edge work, but I kind of just like the old fashioned hand sanding of the parts.  Sure, it takes longer (much longer in some instances), but it works for me and I like the results.

Here is the Aft Deck following the edge work and dimpling.  The eight holes, right of the big hole in the middle, were dimpled using the pneumatic squeezer with a 3" yoke.....very quick and easy.

If you will remember back to Part 3, I was not very please with my fabrication work on the F-01411D Horizontal Stabilizer Attach Bar Support Angle.  So, I ordered another one from Van's following the Fourth of July weekend.  The replacement part arrived in the mail a couple of days ago and here is the  piece being fitted to the Aft Deck.  I have the left and right edges fitted (mostly) to the sides of the Aft Deck.  Now, I need to continue the fabrication work as outlined in the plans.  I will post a picture of the final product when it's completed.