Friday, July 7, 2017

Empennage, Aft Fuselage (Part 6)

I started tonight's session by doing the prep work on the F-01411C Horizontal Stabilizer Attachment Bars and the F-01411A and F-01411B Bulkheads.  I completed the edge work on all four pieces, the dimpling on the Bulkheads, and Final-Drilled 1/4 the bottom holes of the Attachment Bars (only done on the tailwheel models).  Van's also provides two options for attaching the F-14112 Plate Covers (installed later in the build).....round head or flush head screws.  I've decided to use the flush screws, so the four #27 holes (where nutplates will be installed) in the flanges of the "B" Bulkhead were dimpled with #6 screw dimple dies. 

Now, the four pieces were clecoed together and the 30 holes common to the Attachment Bars and the Bulkheads were Final-Drilled #30.

I completed the Alumiprep and Alodine process on the two Bulkheads and hung them up to dry for the night.  I will pickup here during the next work session.