Saturday, July 8, 2017

Empennage, Aft Fuselage (Part 7)

I was able to put in a full day on the Aft Fuselage today.  Yesterday, I completed all the prep work (edge work, dimpling, drilling, etc) on the parts in the picture below.  Today, I completed the Alumiprep, Alodine, and Priming.  With the exception of the Rudder Stops, I will rivet these parts together tomorrow.

While the primer was drying, I removed the blue protective plastic on the parts below and started some of the prep work.  I began the edge work and the bottom holes on the Horizontal Stabilizer Attach Bars were Final-Drilled to 1/4.

I also did a test fit of the pieces.....they fit perfectly!

I removed the blue protective plastic and test fit one of the two Side Frames.  The one in the picture is the larger of the two.  The Rudder Cable Bracket will be installed on the smaller of the two Side Frames.  I will test fit the smaller Frame tomorrow and start ALL the prep work on ALL of these pieces.