Sunday, July 9, 2017

Empennage, Aft Fuselage (Part 8)

Yesterday, I posted a picture of the large Side Frame.  Here is the small Side Frame clecoed together with the Rudder Cable Bracket.

Here are the two Side Frames together.

In Part 7, I primed several parts with Akzo Primer.  The primer was allowed to dry overnight and I started to rivet the parts together.  
NOW.....
I got a little pouty when I noticed what I did.....can you tell?  Maybe not!  The manufactured heads of the rivets should be on the AFT side of the assembly.  So, I made one mistake (dimpled the wrong direction) which lead to the second mistake (installing the rivets in the wrong direction).  The correct way would allow a smooth, unobstructed mounting surface for the Vertical Stabilizers Rear Spar.  My bonehead work.....well, you can't do it!  So, Van's.....can you please send me some more parts??? 

I suspect I could remove the rivets, separate the parts, and dimple the dimple the opposite direction.....I suspect.  However, it would not be right.  So, I ordered two new parts.


Here.....I did it correctly and put the manufactured heads on the aft side of the assembly.  This is the F-01411-A & -B Bulkheads and F-01411C Horizontal Stabilizer Attach Bars riveted with AN470AD4-7 universal rivets.