Saturday, July 29, 2017

Empennage, Aft Fuselage (Part 24)

No real big physical progress today, but made great mental strides.....picture is worth a thousand words kinda thing.  I'm almost to a point of making final assembly of the Aft Fuselage section (with rivets), so I wanted to cleco the section together to check the fit of all the pieces......and see something that resembles an airplane.  Anyway, here we go.....

This is the left side of the fuselage with the Side Skin attached.  Beginning at the front, you can see the F-01407 Bulkhead, the F-01408 Bulkhead, F-01409 Frame, F-01410 Bulkhead (front attach for the Horizontal Stabilizer), F-01411 Bulkhead (rear attach for the Horizontal Stabilzer), and the F-01412 Bulkhead.

This is a shot of the inside of the picture above.

Here is an overview of the Aft Fuselage Section looking forward.....

In this picture, I added the F-01474-L Top Side Skin.

And on the inside.....

By assembling these pieces, I was able to get a warm fuzzy on how the all fit together.  Like I said, this was not required, but it gives me a better understanding of how everything will go together.  I still need to prime the inside of the Side Skins and Top Side Skins, but tomorrow I will start installing rivets in Bottom Skin.