Thursday, July 19, 2018

Wings, Fuel Tanks (Part 12)

Alright, I’m to a point in the Tanks build where pieces need to be riveted together.  So, before that, I want to prime a few of the external Fuel Tank parts.  The plans specifically state:

“If desired, prime the T-1005B and T-1005C Shims, T-1012 Tank Attach Zees, and the external portion of the T-00006-L & -R Tank Attach Brackets”

In Part 3, I prepared and Akzo primed the Tank Attach Zees.  So, I’ll need to Akzo prime the Shims and the Attach Brackets.  Below are the Tank Attach Brackets taped off for primer.....

.....and here are the same Brackets after being primed.....

.....and after the tape has been removed.


Below are the four Shims (two for each Tank) and the VA-146 Flange Bearings (one for each Tank) prior to being primed.

And the same pieces after.

That’s all for today’s session.  I will start assembly and riveting tomorrow.