Sunday, July 22, 2018

Wings, Fuel Tanks (Part 15)

Left Fuel Tank.....Proseal Day 2!

The next piece to get installed is the T-1010 Anti-Rotation Plate (shown in the circle below).  This piece is held on by two AN470AD4-5 rivets and will be used in the next few steps with Fuel Tank Vent Line.

Once the Anti-Rotation Plate was installed and Prosealed, the T-00004 Tanks Stiffeners (x 11), T-00005A Tank Stiffener (x 1), and the VA-112 Drain Flange (x 1) get installed.

However, prior to their installation, I need to scuff the mating areas on the Tank Skins.  To do this, I marked off approximately 1/2 on either side of the row of dimpled holes.  If you look closely at the picture below, you can see the “lines” that were scuffed using a grey Scothbrite pad.  I will repeat the same process on the upper portion of the Tank Skin tomorrow.

As I mentioned above, the 11 Tank Stiffeners get installed next.  The 11 Stiffeners will be installed between the orange tape lines in the picture below.  I’m hoping by using the tape, it will help reduce some the clean up after the installation.  (At least I might have pretty lines)

Tomorrow, I will start installing the Stiffeners onto the Tank Skins.