Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Wings, Fuel Tanks (Part 17)

Moving on in the plans to the installation of the T-00004 Tanks Stiffeners (x10), T-00005A Tank Stiffener (x1), and the VA-112 Drain Flange.  In a effort to try and reduce the mess, I taped off the area where the the Stiffeners will be installed.  I also put tape on the area where the Ribs will run between the Stiffeners to prevent Proseal from getting in the way of the Ribs installation.  Here is what it looked like after I taped it off.

And here is what it looks like after having the rivets and Proseal installed.....and tape removed.  You can see the 11 Stiffeners and the Drain Valve (bottom right corner).  I back-riveted all the rivets in the Stiffeners and used the squeezer for the Drain Valve (which I guess I could have back-riveted also).

Next, I installed the forward row of Stiffeners shown below.

And this is just a close up of a few of the Stiffeners and Drain Flange.

This is the “underside” of the Tank showing the two row of rivets that were installed I the Stiffeners.  All the rivets turned out flush and the result looks very good.