Thursday, January 2, 2020

Fuselage, FWD/MID Side Structure (Part 39)

Today, I installed the F-01460-L & -R Intercostals.....and have a confession to make!  I previously installed the F-01457-L & -R Gussets to the Upper Longerons AND the F-01405F Brace.....I should NOT have installed the rivets to the Brace (three rivets circled below).  The Intercostals will also get riveted in this location.  I guess I should have read the plans a little closer.

So, I had to drill out the six rivets (three on each side).

Once those rivets were removed, I could install the Intercostals.  Here is what it looks like in the plans.....

.....and the left Intercostal riveted to the left Side Skin and Upper Longeron.....

.....and the right Intercostal riveted to the right Side Skin and Longeron.

Since we were able to install all the remaining rivets in the forward Side Skin a couple of sessions ago, I could now final torque the bolts in the Lower Drag Fitting.  Here is what it looks like in the plans.....

.....and on the plane (right side shown.....the left was completed with the left Side Skin).