Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Fuselage, Fuel System (Part 4)

As I mentioned in the Part 1, I ordered the RV-14 Cabin Fuel Line Kit from Aircraft Specialty.  I’m not sure how much time this saved, but I bet it was significant.  Below are the four fuel lines that get installed inside the cabin.  They came from Aircraft Specialty just like you see them.....plastic red plugs  installed in each end and the lines were complete and ready to install.

The plans excerpt below shows the installation of the left fuel line that runs under the pilot.  (The right side under the passenger seat is installed the same way).

Here is the fuel line installed, as shown in the plans excerpt above, on the left side of the plane.

This is where the fuel line penetrates the Fuselage on the left side of the plane.....the AN833-6D Elbow and the AN924-6D Nut are installed here.  I put orange torque seal on the nut and installed the rubber cap on the end of the elbow.  This will prevent any debris from getting in the fuel line.

This is the right side of the airplane.  (In the circle below, I have one screw/nut that needs to be installed in the upper part of the Fuel Line Bracket.  When I initially installed the screw/nut, the screw broke in half while it was being tightened.  Not sure if it was my fault or a busted screw.  Either way, I ordered a few extra screws and it will install it when it arrives).

This is the fuel line penetration on the right side of the Fuselage.....applied torque seal and rubber cap on this side also. 


 The left and right side fuel lines connect to the aft side of the Fuel Selector as shown below.

This is the fuel line that connects the forward side of the Fuel Selector and Fuel Filter.  Both connections have orange torque seal applied.

I will install the final fuel line (from the Boost Pump to the Firewall) at a later date.  There is an aluminum spacer that needs to be prepared which gets installed with the blue elbow through the Firewall.  I haven’t prepared that spacer yet.....soon!