Thursday, March 26, 2020

Fuselage, Upper FWD Fuselage (Part 6)

During this session, I restarted the process of preparing the next “batch” of parts.  I looked through the plans to see what parts needed to be prepared and/or were riveted together next.  The parts shown below were those parts (at least over the next few pages of the plans).  To begin, I deburred all the holes on each piece and dimpled the appropriate holes according to the plans.


I also stared cleaning all the edges, but did not get finished.  I will finish the edge cleaning during the next session and all of them will be ready to be treated with Alumiprep, Alodine and Akzo primer.  I will identify each piece after they are primed in a future post.

However, I will talk about a portion of the prep work completed on the F-01455 Sub Panel.  The plans excerpt below shows two areas of material that needed to be removed.

Here is the finished product on the actual Sub Panel after I removed the excess material at each location.  I marked each area with a sharpie and used a hand nippler to remove most of the material.  Once that was done, I used a small fine hand file and 220 grit sandpaper to make the final adjustments on each side.