Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Fuselage, Fuel System (Part 5)

Tonight’s portion of the work session focusing on the Fuel System went relatively quickly.  

I have been putting off this step because I didn’t have any proseal.  Well, guess what?.....I got some proseal.  In the center of the picture below, you can see the AN833-6D Elbow Fitting (it has a black cap on it) inserted through the Firewall.  Then, you have the blue AN924-6D nut and the green AN SPACER 6D.  To complete the installed proseal had to be installed between the AN SPACER and the Firewall.

To do this, I put the center hole of the AN SPACER around my finger and applied the proseal on the side of the AN SPACER that will rest against the Firewall (after sanding off the primer that is).  Next, I installed the Elbow fitting through the hole in the Firewall, slid on the AN SPACER, smashed it against the Firewall, and installed the blue nut.  As the nut was tightened, the proseal oozed out around the AN SPACER.....the proseal Gods were smiling down on me with this one and the proseal looks pretty damn good!

Here is the finished product.....cabin side.....

.....engine side.