Friday, February 23, 2024

Panel Installation (Part 10) - JVL Aviation’s Electrical Power Bracket

The work and pictures from this post are from September 2, 2023.

After trimming the bracket, I wanted to form the upper right edge and make it look better.  The upper hole in the flange of the zee looked really weird after I trimmed the material away.  Especially, that narrow little strip of material between the edge I cut and the side of the hole.  In the first picture, I marked with a sharpie my initial thought to remove material around the hole.

Then, I thought why?  Why not use the radius of the hole…..to remove the hole?  (The inner sharpie mark).

This picture shows the material removed along the hole’s radius.

To finish up, I removed all the paint previously applied to the bracket (however, the Alodine is still on the bracket).  Then, I sanded all the formed edges and zee flanges until they were complete and how I wanted them.  Here is the completed upper right corner of the bracket…..

…..looking straight down…..

…..from underneath (with the nutplate rivet holes countersunk)…..

…..and the left edge.