Monday, February 19, 2024

Panel Installation (Part 9) - JVL Aviation’s Electrical Power Bracket

The work and pictures from this post are from September 2, 2023.

As I mentioned in the previous post, the bracket had to be MODIFIED again.  Once I finished making the bracket, I did a test fit in the location I wanted to mount it in the plane on the sub panel.  Come to find out, it was just a “smidge” (technical term) too wide.  So, I had to trim off about 1/8” of material from each tank zee.  I used my die grinder with a cutoff wheel to trim the material and then sanded the edges with 220 grit sandpaper and a sanding block.

There is just enough material to rivet the nutplates to the tank zees.  (Pictures of that in the next post).



Because of the bend in the F-01471 Forward Top Skin, a small portion of the upper right hand corner also had to be removed.  Again, I used my grinder and cutoff wheel to trim this area. The two pictures below show the results.

This is after a little bit of sanding to remove the sharp burrs.