Monday, February 5, 2024

Sunspot 36 LX (Leading Edge Landing Lights) - AEROLED’s (Part 1)

For the leading edges of the wings (the leading edges were prepunched by Van’s), we will install the Sunspot 36 LX (Landing Lights) from AEROLEDS.  (Van’s part # LL-00008)

These lights are Landing Lights; however, it is my intent to use them as “Taxi Lights”.  Here is what I mean…..since we are building a taildragger, I plan to adjust these lights to shine more on the ground in front of the plane when the tail is on the ground.  Thus, acting more like a “Taxi Light”.  I will adjust appropriately and use the Aerosun VX Wingtip Landing/WigWag Lights as the “Landing Lights”.

I will document the installation of these lights here when I reach that point in the build.

Here is the manual and installation guide from their website.  Additionally, the link above and information below to AEROLED’s references the new “optimized” version of the “Sunspot LXi” not to the version I purchased and will be installing.  I have the original Sunspot LX version of the landing land.