Sunday, February 11, 2024

Panel Installation (Part 4) - JVL Aviation’s Control Cable Bracket

The work and pictures from this post are from July 2, 2022.

Since I had Aerotronics build the panel, the stock F-14107 Control Cable Bracket (previously installed) is not properly aligned with the control cables anymore.  In the first picture, I tried horribly to “make it work” and modify the existing bracket…..FAIL!

In this picture, you can see how misaligned the control cables are with the cutouts in the stock bracket….not really even close.  So, I drilled out the four rivets and removed the stock bracket.  Then, I made my own!

The upper bracket is obviously the stock bracket and you can see the horrible job I did trying to “make it work”.  After some figuring and measuring, I fabricated the bottom bracket out of 1” x 1” x .063 aluminum angle.  The new bracket is from “JVL Aviation”!

Here’s the other side of the bracket.  The only part I am not completely satisfied with is the six “holes” that will be used to secure the control cables to the bracket with TyRaps.  They function just fine, but cosmetically I could have don’t a better job.


I riveted the new JVL Aviation Control Cable Bracket to the instrument panel stand-offs (same location as the old one), installed the control cables and used TyRaps to secure them  to the new bracket.  Here are a couple pictures of the completed install.




JVL Aviation’s Control Cable Bracket